Because I’ve always wanted to track the books I’ve read in one year…
- A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy): Because I wanted something light, supernatural, and witchy-y. It was good.
- I Suck at Girls: Because I like memoirs and it looked funny. It was pretty good.
- The Watchmaker’s Daughter: A Memoir: Yup, another memoir. Really into Jewish literature at the moment. Can only attribute that to my Jewish colleagues who natter on and on about Israel and Palestine and all things Jewish. And I’ve always been fascinated by WWII and the Holocaust because I’m odd like that. It was pretty good. Can’t say super memorable because I can’t remember how it ended.
- Apples from the Desert: Israeli writer, short story compilation. I’m not usually a fan of short stories, but this was, wow, truly good.
- A Woman in Jerusalem: So many layers here. Would be a great book group read.
- Natural Choices for Women’s Health: How the Secrets of
Natural and Chinese Medicine Can Create a Lifetime of Wellness: My Chinese Medicine Bible! I wil buy this and use it for reference.
- Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots: Man, Orthodox Jews are really weird.
- A Man and a Woman and a Man: Same author who wrote “Apples…” Not too far in; just as engaging.